In real estate terms this is, indeed, a buyer’s market–a time when the supply of South Central Vermont real estate for sale far exceeds the demand. And that is good news for those of you who are house hunting, for you may well find just the deal you’ve been looking for. You can certainly make an offer that is below the asking price and ask the seller to add upgrades, pay closing costs, or otherwise provide incentives for you to purchase that particular piece of South Central Vermont real estate. Even if you may be holding most of the cards, however, here are some tips to make your search easier and more successful.
- Get pre-approved for a loan
- Be knowledgeable about prices. Spend some time with a Realtor looking at comparables and recent sales in your target area so you’ll recognize a fair price.
- Check out property taxes in the area. High taxes can sometimes add hundreds of dollars to your monthly payment, something you need to know in advance.
THE IN-PERSON SEARCH:
- Ride with your Realtor. It’s better for you to concentrate on curb appeal and surroundings than on traffic.
- Dress comfortably and practically. Be prepared to remove your shoes, trek up and down stairs, tour the outside grounds, inspect corners, etc.
- Don’t rush. Give yourself time to carefully explore and inspect each piece of South Central Vermont real estate you visit. Avoid seeing too many homes in one day; at a certain point the details of each become blurred and easily confused.