Happy New Year to you! As most of us do at this time of year, we reflect on what has happened over the past year and what we want to have happen in the coming year. I find that my own behavior contributes to the success that I enjoy, whether it is a personal success or a professional one.
So I wanted to take a moment and outline some of the thoughts that I hope to keep close this year. Consider these some great ideas to improve your life in 2012!
- Wake up each day thankful for your life. No matter how good or bad you have it, someone, somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs. Instead of thinking about what you are missing, try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing and be grateful.
- Take Responsibility for your life. The extent to which you can achieve your dreams depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. Blaming people or circumstances gives others power over that part of your life.
- Don’t follow the path of least resistance. Life is not easy, especially when you plan on achieving something worthwhile. Don’t take the easy way out. Do something extraordinary!
- Face your problems head on. It is much easier to run! Know that there is no person in the world capable of flawlessly handling every punch thrown at them. It’s okay to get upset, sad, hurt, stumble and fall. The purpose of living is to face problems, learn, adapt and solve them over the course of time. This will help mold you into the person you eventually become.
- Be yourself. One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else. Someone might always be prettier, smarter or younger – but they will never be YOU! Be yourself and the right people will love the real you.
- It’s okay to make a mistake. Doing something and getting it wrong is at least ten times more productive than doing nothing! Every success has a trail of failures behind it and every failure leads you toward success. Don’t regret any of your life experiences.
- Be ready for a challenge. Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zone, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first. But when you overcome that challenge – what a feeling!
- Be sure to look at the beauty of small moments. Enjoy the little things because one day you may look back and discover they were really the big things. The best part of your life will be the small, nameless moments you spend smiling with someone who matters to you.
Here is wishing you the best year you can possibly have!
Until next time, Irene
Leave a Reply